Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSmich-lg
2018 dual-threat QB Shelton Applewhite: 'I have a lot of interest in Michigan'
May 24, 2016
12:48 pm
College BattleGround
Admin
Forum Posts: 1680
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Image EnlargerRick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports

The New Jersey signal-caller caught up with MnB.

On May 21, Shelton Applewhite unofficially visited the Michigan Wolverines to look at a possible destination for his future in academics and football.

The 6-foot-4, 180-pound dual-threat quarterback told Maize n Brew, “I have a lot of interest in Michigan. It is a beautiful place to play top of the line football. I see that they have the same interest in me as I do of them.”

Applewhite, who is currently unranked, is just a sophomore at DePaul Catholic in Wayne, New Jersey, so he knows there are many more offers to come his way. He also realizes that there are aspects of the game that he has to work on to be ready for the college level.

“I needed to work on putting my full cleat in the ground and coach [Nick] Campanelli has helped me with that,” Applewhite said. “Now it’s second nature. I do not believe in mastering something, I believe I can always better myself.”

Currently, the quarterback has received an offer from Temple and Rutgers. He has an interest in Alabama, Boston College, Clemson, UConn, Iowa, Maryland, Miami (FL), Michigan, North Carolina, Oregon, Penn State, Pitt, South Carolina and Syracuse. Applewhite, who really likes Michigan, hopes that the school gives him an offer in the future.

“I can tell they [Michigan] are all about business and that is what I like,” the dual-threat quarterback said. “He [Jim Harbaugh] was talking about how players are set up for life after the NFL.”

As for his dream schools, Applewhite claimed, “Either Michigan or Ohio State.”

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 212
Currently Online: Viktoriwry, JerryRug, Teddyshor
Guest(s) 11
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
UGA BattleGround: 5
BetDawg: 1
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 137918
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 66
Topics: 1655
Newest Members:
marvinp3844, Evazqc, Davidtlb, Evaglu, Sergynq, Evafwz, chasmilford, Sergnqj, deneenvondoussa, kerryfabinyi
Administrators: admin: 2, College BattleGround: 1680