Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSUSC_LOGO_SC
USC Trojans Football 2016: Helton to solidfy his quarterback decision
August 19, 2016
9:44 pm
College BattleGround
Admin
Forum Posts: 1680
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
cdn2.vox-cdn.comthumborQPWtDu8HgmG3TfIud4TcqyFA5vg0x2512256x17551310x873cdn0.vox-cdn.comuploadschorus_imageimage50458649usa-today-9169795.0-42b7eea7b4b1fbfe8d1c92a6234de83ae04fadac.jpgImage EnlargerKirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

The Trojans took the pads off for practice on Thursday ahead of Friday night’s planned scrimmage which according to Helton will “solidify” his decision on the quarterback. Helton reiterated that he was meticulously watching every snap on film from both quarterbacks. It would seem from his choice of words that Helton is leaning towards either Max Browne or Sam Darnold right now and he is using Friday’s scrimmage to reassure him of his inclination.

The final question of the presser, however, directly asked Helton if he was leaning toward one player based on his choice of the word “solidify” Helton replied:

“No, I know both attributes of each kid right now, and I look forward to that type of atmosphere when they know its their last time out there how they perform. That’s one of those things you get to see this is the body of work they’ve put together through a spring, through 18 practices of Fall camp. Let’s see them in that last situation and see how they perform. So, it is important. It is very important to myself. I thank goodness that we took the time to be able to go through the Spring and not just name it there but also go through a training camp so we can make the best decision for our football team.”

It seems that Helton is not interested in discussing rotating quarterbacks during the season. He was asked if the backup would get any reps and he replied that everyone has to prepare and be ready to go. He then specifically cited having to use the fourth string center last season.

follow us on social media:

Facebook: facebook.com/conquestchronicles/

twitter: twitter.com/CChroniclesSBN

Join the team!

Write a fan post of your own

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 212
Currently Online: Marinakfi
Guest(s) 9
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
UGA BattleGround: 5
BetDawg: 1
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 137654
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 66
Topics: 1655
Newest Members:
CharlessGaike, Michaelmague, Frankrinna, Vikitpz, masonblacket9, MusicFep, Julivuy, Vilianawrm, Vilianasmt, Vikiolx
Administrators: admin: 2, College BattleGround: 1680