Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSUSC_LOGO_SC
USC Football Recruiting: 2017 Three-star safety C.J. Miller commits to the Trojans
June 20, 2016
7:18 pm
College BattleGround
Admin
Forum Posts: 1680
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Image Enlarger

Last week, the Trojan coaching staff absolutely shocked the grossly underrated safety with a scholarship offer. He’s now joined the Trojans 2017 recruiting class. He talks with us below.

C.J. Miller is probably a name that USC recruiting fans are extremely unfamiliar with. The Powder Springs (Ga.) defensive back is not rated very highly among recruiting services and finds himself not even being ranked at all in others. After seeing his recruitment blow up during the first month of the summer, Miller was extremely excited to receive an offer from the Trojan coaching staff, nearly committing on the spot.

The 188 pound athlete waited just a couple days to ultimately pull the trigger and announce his verbal commitment to the Trojans after speaking with USC head coach Clay Helton

For Miller it ended up being a pretty easy decision after all telling Conquest Chronicles:

“It’s a blessing. There’s no place I’d rather be than USC. I thank God for giving me this opportunity to go there.”

Holding over 20 scholarship offers from smaller but respected programs around the country, having a program as prestigious show interest and produce an offer was something that certainly stuck with Miller. The opportunities in attending USC also led Miller to make a quick, but thought out decision.

“USC was the first big school to pull the trigger and offer me,” said Miller. “The education from USC will bring me along way in my life. Of course, the athletics at USC are also amazing you know!”

The Trojan coaching staff saw great potential and fantastic ability in Miller. Clay Helton and company completed an amazingly quick recruiting job with Miller, building a strong bond with the defensive player, which Miller noticed.

Adding: “The USC coaching staff is basically like my family!”

Overall, the Trojans are getting an extremely athletic player and an extremely fast one too. Miller was last clocked at running a 4.38 second 40 yard dash. USC is also getting a recently discovered gem in Miller, meaning other programs will likely pull the trigger and offer Miller somewhere down the line.

With National Signing Day over half a year away, Miller isn’t shutting down his recruitment completely, but the stud safety is solid to the Trojans, telling USCFootball’s Gerard Martinez:

“I’m like 75-percent closed off from recruiting right now. I’m still open to talking to other schools, and my parents want me to take some visits, but I feel like USC is right. I don’t think a de-commitment is coming.”

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 212
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 8
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
UGA BattleGround: 5
BetDawg: 1
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 137825
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 66
Topics: 1655
Newest Members:
JaneZiday, elinorpuglisi, bkskern, PeterOrafe, Michailksj, Davidwrony, christena17y, kashatraill9896, KennethHax, JamBuh
Administrators: admin: 2, College BattleGround: 1680