Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSptts
Pitt football releases throwback alternate script uniforms for 2016
August 16, 2016
7:31 pm
College BattleGround
Admin
Forum Posts: 1680
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Holy. Crap.

That was the general consensus from Pitt fans when the school released its throwback uniforms for this season. They’re real and they’re spectacular.

and …

If that’s not enough, Pitt has an Adobe Spark page, which gives you a closer look. There’s also this hype video released by the school today.

I have to admit, these are pretty great. I know the thought process is that people would love to see these on an every game basis and I actually wouldn’t mind that. One thing I’ve said before is that the great thing about those colors or even the older mustard color is that they are much more uniquely tied to Pitt than the current colors. If nothing else, part of the reason fans love these so much is that they’re just different.

Now, if you’re holding your breath for these to be back on a full-time basis, you probably shouldn’t. These are a one-time deal that will be worn for Homecoming against Georgia Tech and as we know, Pitt just revealed new uniforms earlier this year.

I’m sure a lot of people would have loved to see these for the Penn State contest. I know I would. But the fact is that there’s already plenty of hype around that game. Pitt wanted to use this to attract attention for another game and while Homecoming is already a big deal, keep in mind that there will be plenty of folks back in town and at the stadium that may only get to Pittsburgh once a year, if that. The university wants to make a very conscious effort to reach out and attract new donors. Using the throwbacks for that game will generate even more excitement around alums that maybe aren’t diehard fans.

While many fans would love to see this iteration return on a regular basis to serve as the main uniforms, there’s also a contingent of the fanbase that prefers the more ‘modern’ navy/gold currently used by the team. I’m not sure we’ll ever see a return to these colors but even if we do, it’s definitely not happening right now.

Your thoughts? Vote in the poll below and weigh in using the comments section.

Still, enjoy while you can … hopefully we’ll see a lot more of these going forward.

Be sure to join Cardiac Hill’s Facebook page and follow us on Twitter@PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and founder/editor @AnsonWhaley.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 212
Currently Online: cindycarslaw356
Guest(s) 5
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
UGA BattleGround: 5
BetDawg: 1
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 137835
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 66
Topics: 1655
Newest Members:
lindahaveman72, RuslanHAX, maryannose, cindycarslaw356, RobertGap, mindy1197139, RobertSat, Michaelforne, mosesp3677081392, josephfassbinder
Administrators: admin: 2, College BattleGround: 1680