Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSoregon-g-logo__1438812094
2017 Oregon Ducks Recruiting Roundup
June 13, 2016
12:43 pm
College BattleGround
Admin
Forum Posts: 1680
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Find out what is happening in the recruiting world and how the Ducks are making an impact

Oregon finally lands some commits. OT John Vakawas the first to announce, then DT/DE Rutger Reitmaiercommitted on his unofficial visit, and then OT Alex Forsyth’s announcement day came with him deciding on the Ducks. Here I have compiled more headlines from the last few weeks. Although the news here isn’t as big as the commitments, it is still important to know.

KJ Hamler 4* WR: Oregon offered the speedy wide receiver about three weeks ago. They are joining the likes of Michigan State, Penn State, and Illinois by offering Hamler. Hamler used to attend St Mary’s high school in Michigan, but has decided to transfer to powerhouse IMG Academy. I’ve been hearing Hamler definitely wants to visit Oregon and his decision will most likely come down to the Ducks and the Spartans. He is one guy to keep an eye on, but I don’t think he will commit anytime soon.

Donovan Johnson 3* CB: Shortly after Hamler’s offer, Oregon goes back into Michigan and offers Cass Technical CB Donovan Johnson. Johnson may only be ranked as a 3* recruit, but he earned his way to compete in the Elite Finals, which are held in Oregon. Hopefully he’ll have time to check out Oregon while he is in attendence. The 13th ranked recruit in Michigan has been linked to Penn State and Virginia Tech but look for Oregon to make a big push for the speedy corner.

Jonathan McCollister 3* TE: The Bishop Moore Catholic (FL) tight-end announced he will be committing at the end of June. The last time I talked to McCollister he told me this about Oregon: “I love the offense and how fast they run it.” McCollister is versatile athlete because he can play both tight-end and defensive end. Coach Osborne has been recruiting him, so I’m inferring tight-end is where Oregon wants him.

Justin Marshall 3* WR: The next offer goes out to Salem, Georgia. Justin Marshall received the offer from Coach Lubbick over Twitter and it was surprising. It “came out of the blue, ” Marshall also told me, “I like how Oregon is a pro team,” because there isn’t a professional team football in Oregon, so the Ducks football team is treated like a professional team. Marshall attends the same high school as another Oregon target, ILB De’Morreal Burnam. Marshall said he wants to make a summer commitment, but he still wants to take all five official visits. One of those visits will be to Oregon, but there is still a long time to wait for Marshall’s final decision.

Major Tennison 3* TE: Oregon is looking to add some tight-ends in the 2017 class. So far they don’t have any, but they have offered a lot. Tennison is a tight-end from the Lone Star State, but he is already committed to the Longhorns. This offer was interesting, because I hadn’t heard them ever being linked. I wouldn’t think Tennison is interested, but anything is possible.

Elliot Baker 4* OT: Oregon brought on Baker for an unofficial visit about two weeks back. He is one of the top Juco recruits in the country with offers from Alabama, Georgia, and Auburn. After the visit, Baker said Oregon was “up there” with Alabama and Georgia, but just a few days later, Baker committed to the Crimson Tide. Baker was visiting Alabama when he committed to them, which, quite honestly, wasn’t a surprise to anyone.

Martin Andrus 4* DT: The Los Angeles Senior (CA) product narrowed down his list to 10 teams. Oregon was on this list, as well as Arizona, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Stanford, UCLA, USC, and Washington State. As of right now, it looks like a three team race between Oregon, USC, and UCLA with USC potentially having the slight lead. Andrus is a top 15 defensive tackle and would be a huge pickup for the Ducks.

Tyjon Lindsey 5* WR: The Centennial WR announced he will be committing on August 22nd. Oregon is among his top nine and also Auburn, Nebraska, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee, USC, and Alabama are too. Ohio State seems to be the trendy pick for Lindsey now more than ever because his former high school QB, Tate Martell, and close friend committed to the Buckeyes. I wouldn’t count out the Ducks, but its getting harder to see him in Eugene.

Jalen Harris 3* DE: The next offer goes out to Jalen Harris of Desert Ridge (AZ). I caught up with Harris after the offer and he told me, “It was a surprise,” Harris said “But I knew I put in the work”. Oregon is a “winning program and a top school in the nation”, it’s a “great offer, great program, and a great coaching staff who know what they’re doing.” Harris would be a great fit in the new defensive scheme, because it’s the same one he currently plays in. He definitely wants to try to visit Oregon (and Oregon State) this summer, but has no solid plans as of now.

David Morris 3* S: You might recognize the name because the Sherwood (OR) product was on my A Few Recruits I Would Offer Next article. Morris was offered just after the Northwest Best’s showcase, where he got to work with Oregon’s defensive back coach John Neal. Morris is now committed to the Beavers, but I believe he will heavily consider the offer.

Hunter Echols 4* DE: The UCLA commit received an offer from Oregon about a week ago. Oregon coaches visited Echols during the winter time and didn’t offer then. Echols is still looking around at schools and he will be at the Irish Invasion next weekend. He also has offers from Michigan and Nebraska. Even though he is committed to UCLA I believe Echols will look more into Oregon’s program and eventually either solidify his UCLA commitment or back-off of it.

My-King Johnson unranked DE: Johnson was offered by the Ducks late last week. He boasts other offers from Arizona, Arizona State, and Nevada. Johnson is from Tempe, Arizona which is where ASU is located. The Tempe product is undiscovered, but this Oregon offer will put him on the map. If I had to make a prediction for Johnson, I would say ASU. It is early and Oregon has time to make up ground.

Ambry Thomas 4* CB: The next offer goes out to Ambry Thomas. The Detroit Martin Luther King (MI) product has other offers from Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Notre Dame. Right now Michigan is the favorite with Michigan State trailing them, so I don’t really see Thomas looking at Oregon too hard. You never know though.

Tua Tagovailoa 4* QB: FINALLY! We could say this offer came a year late or that Oregon missed their chance, but better late than never right? The Alabama commit reportedly received the offer late last week. Tagovailoa is from St. Louis (HI), the same high school as Marcus Mariota, and is the number two dual-threat QB in the nation. Alabama has two QB commits, Mac Jones being the other, and I have put in a crystal ball for Oregon. The crystal ball prediction was a gut feeling and I logically thought out the situation. He is a better schematic fit at Oregon, he would be the only QB commit of the 2017 class, and he could wait a year and learn the offense better while he sits behind Dakota Prukop. It makes more sense for Tagovailoa to flip his commitment to Oregon, but he can’t wait too long because Oregon is still going to offer other QBs.

Moses Robinson-Carr 3* TE: Late Saturday night, Robinson-Carr announced his top five schools. The schools were as followed: Oregon, Oregon State, Tennessee, UCLA, and USC. Robinson-Carr reigns for Antelope Valley High School (CA) and plays both tight-end and defensive-end. He visited Oregon back in April and said it was a “nice visit”. There is no timetable for his commitment, but I’ll keep ATQ up to date once that day comes.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 212
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 11
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
UGA BattleGround: 5
BetDawg: 1
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 137825
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 66
Topics: 1655
Newest Members:
JaneZiday, elinorpuglisi, bkskern, PeterOrafe, Michailksj, Davidwrony, christena17y, kashatraill9896, KennethHax, JamBuh
Administrators: admin: 2, College BattleGround: 1680