Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSMIAMI1
2018 Miami Legacy Recruit CB Al Blades Jr. confirms Miami visit this fall
August 23, 2016
9:01 pm
College BattleGround
Admin
Forum Posts: 1680
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

2018 Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) CB Al Blades Jr. is the son of former Miami great, Al Blades. Below, he talks about his confirmed visit to Miami this season and what it’s like being a Miami legacy.

Most of the attention for 2018 Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) 4-star CB Al Blades Jr. is if he will follow in his fathers footsteps. His father, Miami great Al Blades, who played in the NFL for a couple of years.

Blades was once committed to Miami, but after all the hype surrounding his father’s legacy and the Al Golden firing, he decided to decommit. However, this time around he will take his time and evaluate all of his options.

“My father (Al Blades) attending Miami doesn’t play a factor in my recruitment,” Blades said. “It just makes people think I should go there. I don’t have a leader or top five, but they will be up there. Miami, Florida State, Florida and Alabama are standing out but those are just a few.”

Despite his commitment from the Canes, he is still heavily considering Miami. In fact, back in July he visited the Paradise Camp and had a very good time hanging out with the coaches and checking out the campus.

“It was great, I drove around the campus on a tour and basically was informed on the program. I think the U will always be one of the greatest programs around because of it’s rich tradition. No matter what the record turns out to be, kids will always love the program and go there.”

Miami made a huge impression on Blades during his visit a few months ago. The coaching staff might just be able to climb up his list of schools as he plans to visit Coral Gables multiple times this season, including a confirmed visit to Florida State on October 8th.

“After the season and I plan on going to some games, I will be at the Florida State game for sure. I look forward to seeing how the defense operates together and I want to see if there’s opportunity to make plays there.”

Blades hasn’t had a ton of contact with the Miami coaching staff, but things are starting to look different than when he first committed to Miami when Al Golden was the head coach.

“I haven’t had that much contact with the staff, but we have had some communication. I talk to the two DB coaches; Banda and Rumph. They are wonderful coaches and people.”

The St. Thomas Aquinas standout plans to announce his commitment sometime during his senior season of high school. Miami looks to be in prime position to regain a commitment from one of South Florida’s top CB prospects and 11th ranked CB according to 247Sports.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 212
Currently Online: Juliswo, Julimsa
Guest(s) 4
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
UGA BattleGround: 5
BetDawg: 1
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 137840
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 66
Topics: 1655
Newest Members:
ArmandoWab, leorocha024, ChrisNeity, coyedman71, nelly2113325714, lindahaveman72, RuslanHAX, maryannose, cindycarslaw356, RobertGap
Administrators: admin: 2, College BattleGround: 1680