Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSBaylorBears_0
Daily Bears Report: Thursday 6/16
June 16, 2016
12:37 pm
College BattleGround
Admin
Forum Posts: 1680
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Image EnlargerJerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald writes the notion of bringing Briles back is wrong:

But if Baylor ever planned to reinstate Briles after the scathing Pepper Hamilton findings, the national outcry would be deafening. It would provide critics with even more fuel that football trumps all at Baylor.

Briles oversaw a football program that the Pepper Hamilton report described as operating an “internal system of discipline separate from the university process.”

Whatever stock you place in Chip Brown news, Chip Brown mentioned yesterday that his sources expect Baylor will eventually release players from their LOI:

Six incoming freshmen football players have requested a release from their letters of intent with Baylor to enroll elsewhere. Baylor has 30 days to respond to those requests (on or about June 24), sources said. Grobe has been meeting with the players and their families to try to convince them to stay. But if those players still want their release when the 30 days expire, sources said those players will be granted their release, sources said.

Taurean Prince mentioned to Nate Taylor of the Indianapolis Star his love of Baylor and getting his degree:

With the Bears, Prince played power forward and small forward. He became a starter during his junior season and shot 39.5 percent on 3-pointers. But instead of declaring for the draft, Prince returned to Baylor for his senior season to finish his Bachelor’s degree in communications.

“I graduated on May 15,” he said. “That’s really a big stepping stone in my family. It was great and I knew I was going to be there all four years.”

Baylor closer Troy Montemayor was named to the American Baseball Coaches Association all-regional team, per the Waco Tribune-Herlad:

Baylor relief pitcher Troy Montemayor has been honored on the American Baseball Coaches Association all-region team.

We had an evening edition last night, you can read here.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 212
Currently Online: Alexklk, Viktorixpj
Guest(s) 3
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
UGA BattleGround: 5
BetDawg: 1
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 137825
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 66
Topics: 1655
Newest Members:
JaneZiday, elinorpuglisi, bkskern, PeterOrafe, Michailksj, Davidwrony, christena17y, kashatraill9896, KennethHax, JamBuh
Administrators: admin: 2, College BattleGround: 1680